Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WATCH: Andy Burnham grilled by GB News on British 'patriotism' after first meeting with Donald Trump


GB News presenter Bev Turner has grilled Prime Minister Andy Burnham on British "patriotism" during his first meeting with Donald Trump at the UN General Assembly in New York.

Putting her question to Mr Burnham, Bev asked: "Your predecessor famously said he was happier in Davos than Westminster - are you happier in Manchester or Manhattan?"

Declaring it a "risky question", the PM responded: "I like to remind the President every now and again about the great city of Manchester. You once called it some town, and I don't hold it against you as the former mayor.

"But obviously I'm very much at home in Makerfield, Manchester, but here too. I love coming here. but I'm patriotic as well. I was explaining to the President today, Britain has been in too much turbulence, a sense of just not knowing where we're going.

"And I said we're going to lay out a plan for Britain, a 10 year direction. The country has got so much going for it, and it's time to turn the story about Britain to a positive story, get some hopefulness going around the country. And I think there's a great opportunity for us as we go forward.

Mr Trump then added: "I think there's a tremendous patriotism in Britain, they want to see great things happen. Tremendous potential. I see some countries and I'm with the leaders and I don't say it, but I don't see a lot of potential, they've got a tough road.

"This is a country with great patience. They love the country. The people love the country as much as any other country I can think of, and I think it's just waiting for success, waiting for good leadership, waiting for success."

WATCH ABOVE.






from GB News https://ift.tt/jHNUdbr

Post a Comment

0 Comments